Sunday, June 15, 2008

Where is JSS??


That’s right, New York baby! JSS is on a 20 hour layover in such a great state!

Exciting layover plans you ask? Two Options

A. The captain of our flight crew Paul is building a house an hour and 45 minutes away from the city. He was renting a car when we arrived and driving up to their house early this morning. He invited the whole crew to come with him and we could hang at his lake house and spend the day on the beach there. He would have totally insisted but his jet ski and boat aren’t unwrapped from the winter yet. We could all go the grocery store get meat and cook out there on the lake! One of my crew members was hitting up the bar scene while another was exhusated from flying 5 days straight. I was stuck in the middle but had another great plan on the brink....

B. See an old BFF from High School that I haven’t seen in 10 years!! Obviously this option won! I was speaking to my father yesterday and told him where I was laying over at. He then told me he spoke to my friends mom recently and heard that’s where she was living! I scrambled to get her number and at 10PM after 10 years of not talking we finally caught up! She picked me up for lunch and we had a great lunch and coffee afterwards. Its nice to find a little piece of the south so far up north. We defiantly picked up where we had left off. Isn’t it amazing after 10 years, true friendships bonds can still last. Very refreshing.

So in total girlfriend style we talked about boys, mutual friends and careers. It was a perfect lunch and “H” if your reading this thanks for a fabulous lunch! I look forward to coming up for the weekend and crashing in the “H” house!

So after lunch I walk around the city and stumble across this sign. That just in some ridiculous way makes me smile and glad to think I’m somewhat a part of this culture even if for a day.
There’s a perk. I’m such a southern girl but for 20 hours I can transform to a total new society and actually feel comfortable in my environment.

I’m definitely becoming quite the Chameleon and I think that is one of my best qualities. The ability to fit in to all types of societies and situations with style.

JSS is more than just “Style In the Aisle” at work - She’s becoming a true world class traveler with the capability to facilitate new locality without seeming like such a novice.

(Ohh What an haughty statement I just made! Exonerate me please!)

Don’t worry in probably a few minutes I’ll fix someone’s “Coffee Regular” just black and I will seem like a first time New Yorker in instant. I like to dream big but sometimes reality has a funny way of slapping the south back in me!

Sending my Love from New York

- JSS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of you fitting into new places....

I've come to understand your drinking your Tea hot now?

Your becoming one of "them" thats for sure....

Hot Tea isn't allowed in the South JSS - Your mama would slap u!

Hot Tea - Good grief girl...what next? "POP" ? Jesus, i hope not!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the captain was not aware that he had the "Original" JSS on board.........or he would have insisted on you joining him at the lake! Especially since you have been working out so hard at the gym....LOL!!

I am glad that you got to catch up with an old girlfriend, though. :-) Hope you are not working to hard.

Luv ya,
Marisa

Anonymous said...

Marry Me Please? Seriously don't you guys say that "Marry Me Fly For Free" stuff onboard? You flight attendants do come with some great perks....Free Flying and Upgrades!!


So??? IF not - I know you have some hottie friends flying around with ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Marisa - All this work is KILLING ME. Did you see my screen TWO AM TRIPS!!! PLUS A WEEKEND TRIP!

Whats wrong with me. Seriously - I fly Weekday PM'S!

Maybe its those hairspray fumes?

I miss me some Marisa. Hurry up and get back up here. :)

xoxo

-JSS