Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thelma and Louise....


Well ALMOST. In the picture above is Ms. Ora and Ms Louise, they were the lovely sister pair that were my seatmates flying into my domicile tonight. These two ladies for sure gave me a dose of the best medicine around… laughter!

We took an extensive delay arriving into the east coast tonight due to weather and air traffic control. So I ended sitting next to these two women for almost 3 hours. I sat in the front row of the aircraft because I took the last seat left on the plane. I originally had the aisle seat but they saw I was a flight attendant and quickly put me in the middle because (and I quote)

“Oh Lordy Honey Sweet Child, look at you little blonde thing….Oh Honey Baby we are SO scared SIT IN THE MIDDLE Sweet baby girl! (as she LITERALLY PINCHES MY CHEEKS) Oh yeah sweet little southern girl YES Lordly Thank You LORD for putting our own flight attendant beside us!”

Honestly, how can you say no to that. While my cheeks were being pinched I slide in beside them and knew this would be an interesting endeavor. Then they grabbed my hands (so we are all 3 holding hands now) and Ms. Ora (the one on the left in the pic) started a prayer. She prayed for the pilots, flight attendants, the airplane, the weather and the people on the airplane who had the devil in them. Ms. Louise would echo her with a “Yes Lord…Yes Dear Sweet Lordy Child… Oh God You Know It…. Yes Lord” then we finally got to the “AMEN.” I didn’t say amen fast enough and I quickly got the “Motherly Do It NOW” look and I immediately smiled a big smile and said “AMEN SISTER!”


Well it pretty much goes on like that for the entire flight. We talk about their family and their plans on the east coast for the week. Turns out these women live 30 minutes from where I grew up. Half way into the flight Ms. Louise gets nervous. She grabs my hand and we proceed to hold hands for about 30 minutes. It was turbulent and she kept saying what a little angel I was to calm her. I was starting to feel like an angel as well. These two women were two sweet grandmothers who will just butter you up, until you feel like you ARE a perfect child. I honestly felt like one of their grandchildren and I was soaking it up. Hey, if I’m going to hold hands with the woman, dadgumit… I’m going to accept the compliments.

Well then the conversation turns to men. These two women would bicker back and fourth (leaning across me …) and talk about their husbands. One died 21 years ago while the other “ran off with some hussy.” She proceeds to ask me about my relationships with men and before I could EVER SAY ANYTHING they start in.. “Rebuke the Devil!! Rebuke Satan Oh Lord!” I asked them if they were telling me that men were like the devil… and Ms. Ora said “Oh no honey child, men make you do things that are from the DEVIL!” I responded “Oh like cleaning and cooking???” She laughed and said “No honey child, men make you do dirty things!!” Seriously I was laughing so hard the working flight crew had gathered around to get a little taste of laughter for themselves. I know the people even two rows back were grinning at this conversation.

Ms. Louise thinks girls should more or less…test the waters before jumping in while Ms. Ora starts talking about how bad premarital affairs are…which she includes heavy kissing. When Ms. Ora and Ms. Louise started getting graphic I lost it and just bust out laughing. They told me I was just embarrassed and I totally agreed with them! Listening to these women talk about sexual circumstances was just to much for me to handle. I quickly diverted their attention to another subject and before long Ms. Ora was reading Bible verses to our row because she felt “OF Sin” for discussing such “filth” about men. Hey we all need a little “spiritual cleansing” sometimes right?

Seriously these two women we total sweethearts and even though the conversation got a little uncomfortable… I don’t think I’ll ever forget these two. They wanted my name and phone number and told me I would be in their prayers everyday. I did get their contact numbers and told them I wanted a picture. I helped Ms. Louise comb her hair and they both put lipstick on before I could snap the picture. They quickly wanted to “view” the picture and we ended up taking about 3 different shots until they were happy.

They ended up offering me great advice and some of the best laughter I have had in a while.

Thanks Ms. Ora and Ms. Louise for sharing such a extraordinary view of the world with me and your inner glow that I can only hope I radiate to others as well.

I may not be the “Angel” they claim.. but one thing is for sure......

I do Have My Wings!


Can I get an "AMEN SISTER?" :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing!! This is the greatest story ever.....nothing like having stomach surgery and laughing like crazy. I have to hold my belly when I laugh. LOL :-) Keep up the great stories!

Luv ya,
Marisa

Anonymous said...

Ok, I love your stuff. It is crazy, but I belive you 100%. You know why? Because true stuff is the funniest. You can't make this stuff up.

Keep it real
CP

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER! So funny! I love it...I see you wisely left a few things out ;)

Hannah

Anonymous said...

I can only picture you sitting in between these two - With that HUGE grin of yours... Priceless!

So cute!!!

-Tina

Anonymous said...

OMG - I can see you totally sitting in the middle of them - in the most Awkward situation ever. Thats totally you too - Always getting into these strange situations!

Thats why we love u - you try to be navie - but that was to many years ago...

Hey I know about the hotel water :)

So I hope your having fun - Your working more than your usual... Whats up with your weekend trip? Odd!!

PEACE :)