Sunday, June 15, 2008

Should I Be Offended?

Someone seriously called me “Sky Bunny” today.

I was down the aisle retrieving a bag for a customer when a male passenger says “Hey Sky Bunny can I get another Beer?” It was followed by a sly wink wink. My face was probably priceless. I was genuinely in awe that this guy thinks his unfailing wit (with his new found term “Sky Bunny”) and cheesy wink was really going to score him points. I probably stood there for 20 seconds just thinking are you SERIOUS with this Sky Bunny term before I could let out a “I’ll be right back.” Which in flight attendant terms pretty much means “Screw you” (I know such HARSH language out of JSS mouth!)

I wish I had said something clever back to him but of course nothing good ever comes to me at the appropriate times.

I went to the galley and asked my other crew members if I had a bunny ears and a little round cotton tail on my rear that I wasn’t aware of. They of course laughed their heads off and tried to create something of the sort on the airplane that was a failing attempt.

I took the jerk back his beer and made him say the words “FLIGHT ATTENDANT’ before he could receive it.

Him “Thanks Sky Bunny (wink wink)”
Me “ Funny, I don’t see any “Bunnies” on this airplane! Try again!”
Him “Oh you’re a Sky Bunny that’s for sure”
Me “Again - Nope….no tail or ears….No bunnies…Do you want your beer?”
Him “ Well I see you’re a challenging one to win over”
Me “You got it - Beer or no Beer?”
Him “Yes, flight attendant”


Listen people, I’m trying to change the world here by one jerk passenger at a time. Its hard teaching grown men manners. So again let me reference my blog entry “Because boys need help” for that one.

Sky Bunny doesn’t cut it.

Sky Goddess....Now your talking my language!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely NOT be offended! I think that is GLAMOROUS to be referred to like that. As a boy stew, I never get such comments :(

I would have given him his beer FREE if I had been you!

Ritch in Love said...

Good hell, what do they think we are?!
On the lines of bunny, I remember when a passenger asked me for a Playboy magazine. There was a family of 5 sitting by him. I told him he was gross and walked away just shaking my head. Later the mom that had to sit by him thanked me.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I used to try the whole dip and bend move in hopes to be recruited!! Haha, just kidding. But I bet the guy thought you'd like being compared to a Playboy Bunny?? Maybe back in the day....
~Ang

Anonymous said...

Don't be too offended! But I think from now on you should only be called that in the bedroom!