Friday, June 27, 2008

The Realization

A good friend of mine Hannah, and I have come to the realization that we know where all my source of in-flight excitement is coming from. Ok, let me re-phrase that. My in-flight DRAMA. I mean don’t get me wrong here my job is never the same. Never. Ever. Different crews, passengers, weather, routes, airplanes and in my case destiny. I seriously believe I’m destined to an in-flight career of odd bizarre behaviors and happenings. I must say at least I have a fabulous diary.

So ok back to my conclusion on mine and Hannah’s source of all these crazy stories lie…..

THE BLACK CAT NEXT DOOR.

So pretty much this is it. Where I live in my base city I live next door to a family that owns a black cat. Never failing every time I leave the house to go to work (it seems like work only…) here comes Mr. Black Bad Luck Cat skyrocketing towards the road to make sure he runs in front of my car. Its like he has this small little sensor that says “JSS is leaving heading to work…I can‘t let that Blondie possibly escape her day with no drama…RUN PAST HER CAR QUICK!”

So as I slow down to go over 3 speed bumps in the driveway ( I know who has THREE speed bumps in a driveway..) he runs out in front of me and crosses my path in that sneaky there is no escape sort of way. Some days because I have to drive so slow over the speed bumps he gets an extra run-back-and-fourth in. So its like I get double the bad luck. Thanks Kitty.

I use to never believe in that sort of thing but now it’s the only thing that is making sense. Too many strange things are happening on my flights. Now I see that cat and give it the stare of death look - Its like I seriously am saying out loud in my car “NOT TO DAY YOU LITTLE KITTY - Don’t make me get a dog up in here!” (I know I’m so hardcore) I turn into this gruff girl and really try to put my foot down with this stupid black cat. (Meanwhile - I’m inside my car yelling these things at a cat…real logical I know) So anyways this Black Cat next door is the root of all this evil.

So the antagonist cat and I continue our little game of cat and mouse while I try to creep out of the driveway. Hey he may get a few laps around my car in before I can make it out of the driveway…. But no way can he keep this Southern Stewardess down!

So here’s to you Mr. Black Kitty…. By thinking you would lap my car today and rain upon me bad luck… I did get to the airport and had a very infrequent re-route to my entire 2day trip. (Which hardly ever happens) Well I am thinking the worst… 6 flights to Lubbock, Texas…. And low and behold…. I get instead of two to Nashville… ONE FLIGHT TO FORT MYERS, FL!

So no worries little kitty…I’m headed out early in the morning to a grand outdoor shopping plaza and quite possibly working on my tan at the pool later in the afternoon before my night flights.

So today it was JSS -1 BLACK KITTY CAT - 0!

(So I text my girlfriend Hannah to make sure its ok to use her name in my blog…. I start to remind her about the black cat we talked about last week… suddenly hoping she hadn’t forgot when I had told her about it… She was like OMG I just sent you a myspace comment about that stupid cat!! We have not talked about the cat in at least a week…and I call her while writing this blog and this is the comment she had left me literally 4 minutes before the phone rang.. “I haven't been on myspace in long time!! Just in case Mitch stalks me :) Stay away from that black cat!! And lets hurry up and get to Puerto Rico!”)

Now that’s anomalous and totally random and that folks..is my life

Oh and Mitch if your reading this - Hannah and I think you’re the greatest most wonderful man EVER. Even though Hannah did screw you over this weekend! We are forever your girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch....I love you! Maybe we should name that black cat Mitch? :)

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hannah Hannah... Mitch makes a good name for that sneaky cat that likes to destory my life.

Mitch use to destory my life back on my days of JR. Reserve ! 6 Flights around CA or TX... on a 500 Jet... That was my calling!

Thank GOD - Mitch and I RARELY SPEAK! That jerk is having his way with you now! :(

Ok - Mitch if your reading this - Ignore everything.... I need you on team JSS.

Hannah Lets get shirts made saying "TEAM MITCH" :)

(seriously mitch thats how much we love u)

-JSS