Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We Have A Bleeder!

Well I have a good excuse I promise.

I sliced open the top of my middle finger...hence hending my ability to type! I am way behind on emails, comments and blogging its disgusting.

This lovely disaster happened last week about 1 hour prior to my trip-check in time. I was reaching behind me in my make-up bag not realizing my razor (of it felt like 8 blades) did not have a lid on it. Plus it was sticking straight up and scooped out a ton of my flesh instantly leaving me screaming. I hurled over and saw blood getting all over my shirt and ran for a wash cloth. It felt like within 1 minute the whole thing was saturated with blood. I removed the cloth only to see blood pulsing out and that's when things got a bit blurry.

I looked down at my chest and I was covered in sweat and I started seeing black dots everywhere. I lost my hearing (odd huh?) for a few seconds and felt faint. I freaked out. I was alone and about to pass out. I reached for my phone and called my mom and I laid down in the floor. My mom started freaking out (she knew I was by myself but felt the need to ask me if anyone was home only like 10 times) and finally I felt ok enough to stand back up and find something to wrap my finger in.

1 hour went by and it was still bleeding. I had to go to the airport and check-in (it was to late to call in sick) so I figured I'd go check in then talk to a supervisor about what to do next. I make it to the airport and my whole arm was shaking. Not to mention I couldn't look at my finger or I would get that queasy feeling all over again. I walked up to the supervisor desk and he said "Oh GIRL Oh My GOD..Let me get Sally!" He called over to Sally and she said "Give me a minute I'm busy" They he yelled out in the crew room "WE HAVE A BLEEDER!!"

By that time the whole crew room of flight attendants were around me asking what happened and asking me why I was at work! The supervisor wrapped up my hand and sent me to the doctors office where I got it cleaned and cast up - Then a tetanus shot.

Meanwhile - Life is hard without the use of my middle finger. No wait - Not like that ... Washing my hair with one hand is no fun - Re-Wrapping my finger every 3 hours is No fun - and my typing ability is horrible. But hey - At least I still have 10 fingers!!


So for those of you still checking my blog and seeing the same old stories - I beg for your forgiveness and know as soon as I can take these 5 bandages off of my finger I will be able to type again at somewhat a decent speed (and without hitting 2 extra keys every time I press one with my middle finger!) I'll continue my blogging.

Until then - Here is the Moral of the Story

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS PUT THE COVER BACK ON YOUR RAZOR. ALWAYS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good grief girl!! Ouch! So, did they pull your trip??? What happened? I'm so sorry to hear about that. Yucky...I've actually bleed so much that I couldn't hear either....sweating and all. No fun. Hope you are feeling better!
~Ang