Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Texas Treat


So I haven’t disappeared into a black hole this past week - I’ve disappeared into the time-warp of my hometown. Of course, never being discourteous to my small town old life but I’m realizing I’m addicted to the jet set life maybe a little more than I would like to admit.

What a week. Lets just say this - In the past 6 days I have slept in 5 different houses and tonight being no different. (Yes girls, just friends and family….) I have literally lived out of my roller bag all week long and the funny part is, I haven’t been at work! I’ve been going non-stop all week and the peculiar thing is I can’t wait to get back to flying where I feel my time will slow down a bit. Its hard having so many social engagements!!

The first part of my week I made a very fun trip to Texas to be with two of my favorite girlfriends. I got to Texas and the first stop was a Spa party at an incredible chic house owned by my best friends, friend.
We got pampered from head to toe while enjoying margaritas by a pool. It was a “girls only” party so between the indulging in beauty products/body pampering, the margaritas and the endless talk of men…. I was in girl heaven. Plus my two very close girlfriends were right beside me never leaving me short of banter.

The pool/spa party ended and off to do the next most conceivable “girlfriend” thing to do…. A “Sex and the City” movie viewing. That’s right we dressed up in head to toe couture and took the town of Longview, Texas by storm. You would have thought we were strolling down the Champs-Elysees in Paris with our trendy designer duds on, instead we were crushing the Longview, TX boys hearts with our high heels and dresses.

Sex and the City was great and our dinner afterwards was quite the experience ( chicken in Antarctica…right?). We stayed up until 4AM talking like giddy school girls and took some fun pictures to go along with the nights charade. The next day we might as well been Carrie, Samantha and Charlotte (yes L you would be Samantha..) eating at a chic Asian restaurant where the girl-time continued. After lunch we finished off our short-time together with a few shops including one of the local favorites “Dressing Gaudy.”

Overall the food was superb the shopping entertaining the party fierce and the girlfriends… irreplaceable.

It just goes to show you even if we aren’t strutting 5th Ave in New York (which we have been known to do…) we made Longview, Texas quite the event and worth every minute I spent there.

Unfortunately, being a JSS its hard to always find time to meet up with my friends in all the different cities they live in. I have such a long list of people whom I need to be flying in to visit its hard to find time to fit it all in. So making it that its not an everyday occurrence it makes me appreciate and relish what a true bliss it is to be in the company of such authentic faithful friends. I love you girls and this weekend should have proved JSS dedication to making even a 2day girl party happen in a moments notice! (B, I don’t miss parties..next time I expect an invite weeks in advance!)

FYI
(hey girls remember when we were asked to go to our "happy place" mine included this... and this and these
“Real friends are those who, when you feel you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt in a suit.. Your speaking my language!!

Glad your 4th was good!!

Ritch in Love said...

I think I'm the only female who hasn't made time to see Sex. Hmmm....
BTW, love the shoes. Michael would kill me if I bought shoes like that ever again, because he knows I'd complain the whole time. Of course, they caught his attention the first time...or was that my sparkling personality? I'm not leaving BWI yet. Michael has officially changed to LAS for commuting to school and back. So we must fly together soon!

Anonymous said...

Ok......JSS........I know you have many other "Happy places" LOL !!! I hope you are doing well and I miss seeing your big Texas/Arkansas hairdo!

Luv ya,
Markeesha

Aka Marisa

Anonymous said...

Like Mama always said...

The bigger the Hair - The Closer to God!!

-JSS

AnnaS said...

I LOVE those shoes - i have been so close to buying them (with my imaginary money) so many times!!