Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jet Set Stewardess Has Been Cleared For Take-Off!

Well after two weeks of looking at a blank blogspot page I have finally committed to posting on it. Here is where the problem lies… I’ve been laying on a white sand beach in St. Tropez for the past two weeks and enjoying a French Villa and learning how to incorporate crepes into every meal of the day. Plus with all the nude beaches around my train of thought has been somewhat displaced. What can I say - The life of the JetSetStewardess!

OK - The maid yelling at my door here at the Hilton just reminded me where I am. I’m so sorry how on earth could I get Raleigh, North Carolina mixed up with St. Tropez?? It must have had sometihng to do with that crazy dream I had last night. Well the honest truth is I’ve been scared to death to actually commit to writing in this blog. I feel that once I start - It can’t be lame and only updated 5 times a year. Here are my concerns:

- Sure the pimp and ho story is probably the most fierce story ever - so after reading that one - will it all be downhill?

- What if nothing exciting happens on my flights for a few months - What if the most exciting thing I can blog about is how a redneck woman begged for Kool-Aid flying into Jackson, MS. ??

- My fabulous layovers? I’m in Midland…. Not Maldives.

- What if my new friends and random people reading this decide I’m pretty much crazy and have not one drop of writing ability! Then I’ll just be known as “JetSetStewardess with no talent except for exceptional seat belt compliance checks”

- What if you start to realize my job isn’t all glamorous and I’m not walking down the aisle in a knock-out dress with pill box hat and perfect lipstick? What if you start to think we are just trash collectors and waitress in the sky?? Oh no!! The appeal I’m going for in my everyday life will be ruined!!!

Honestly I could keep going on but I’m sure your sick of my “What-If’s.” So now you know some of my fears I expect a little encouragement down the road! Honestly people take the energy to send me a little comment along the way maybe some of my shameless insecurities will evaporate with time.

So here we go. Expect some crazy stories along the way mixed with a little bit of humor and insight to my life as a JetSetStewardess. Its not always glamorous but sure is a fun ride!

I’ll leave you with a quote from Lauren Hutton that seems to be quite appropriate:

Without travel "I would have wound up a little ignorant white Southern female, which was not my idea of a good life."

8 comments:

Angela said...

Kacie,
I'm so glad you got over your fear of blogging and started this!! I can't wait to read more. Love ya!
Ang

Anonymous said...

I'd comment you first, but this Angela character beat me to it. I'm looking forward to reading more.

PS The whole pimp & ho episode needs to be turned into a short movie. I know a writer. Interested?

James

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were in Raleigh on a layover and didn't call me! You should be so ashamed. :) j/k...I know layovers are short and you barely have enough time to sleep, let alone hang out.

Veronica

Anonymous said...

You have an impeccable writing ability!

Anonymous said...

You're livin the life! Good luck with this new adventure!
Christin

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for venturing out of our zone. This will be awesome reading. And about the beaches at St. Tropez the were amazing and the waves were just unlike any I'd seen before. Oh wait I'm getting mixed up those weren't waves crashing on the sand they're the sea of boxes that is my house.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SOOOOOOO FUNNY! I CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE! I AM GOING TO NEED SOMETHING TO READ WHEN I AM LAID UP AFTER SURGERY.........GET ON IT!!

LUV YA,
MARISA

Anonymous said...

Yeah - Probably the best stewardess ever!

I still wish you would share your journals on Prague and your other Europe tour this spring!!

Kudos for you - No honey don't you worry - You Never Bore!!